This butterfly house would make a perfect gift for a nature lover.
The house is designed for butterflies and moths and combines both a feeder and habitat for roosting and hibernating. The feeding tray is in the shape of a petal is painted with ultra-violet attractor paint to attract butterflies. Feeding tray has 4 washable nectar feeding pots and a central removable fruit feeding cup. The central chamber of the house may be filled with straw and offers a safe over wintering area for hibernating butterflies and other insects.
As with all other Wildlife World products we use only FSC timber to guarantee that no other environments are damaged in the making of our wildlife habitats.
- Site the butterfly habitat in a warm sheltered position, out of prevailing winds, ideally to catch the morning sun.
- The proximity of butterfly friendly flowers will also help to attract visitors. Why not try sowing Wildlife World Native Wildflower Seeds for Butterflies
- The nectar pots should be regularly filled with Wildliife World Butterfly Food with added vitimins or a sugar water solution. Feeding is especially effective in early Spring and late Summer when natural nectar is scarce
- Regularly wash the nectar pots and replace the butterfly food to prevent build up of bacteria to which the butterflies may be susceptible
- Place over ripe fruit in the central plastic bowl, the sweeter the better
- The butterfly house is made from slow-seasoned timber, so does not require any additional treatment such as the use of varnishes and stains to preserve it.
- The apex roof is felted to prevent deterioration.
- You should see butterflies, hoverflies, bees and wasps drinking from the feeding cups. The over wintering chamber provides shelter for many beneficial garden insects such as lacewings, butterflies or ladybirds. You can look through the perspex viewing screen on the side to see if you have any visitors.